Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crysis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

Seriously, has anybody seen screenshots or this new footage of Crysis? I really hope that it turns out how it currently looks (if not, even better) and it stays only on PC. I would really want that to stay with PC just because I wouldn't want it all 'fanboy'd' out if it was on console as being on one specific console or being better on one console than the other.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?Dispatch=Display&cId=3148961

I recall though seeing a tech demo for Crysis being the abilities of Dx10 and 1up.com has the release date of Crysis at 11/1/2006 (maybe or maybe not realistic) and in the article, the end of the video being shown, it has "Play it E3 2006". I don't know much about DirectX expet for the differences in the games (HL2 being the easiest to do it with) graphics and effects when you change the DX level. I've also heard that DX10 games would require DX10 video cards or a DX9 video card with special software that would allow you to play DX10 games but with a performance hit. So if thats true, would that mean DX10 stuff will be out very soon?

If anybody could possibly fill me in here I'd be much appreciated.

___

on another note, is anybody following Medevial: Total War 2? I drool every time I think about it and I hope that the new changes to soldiers' AI and the removal of the 'Clone armies' is really what its currently being hyped up to be.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:42 PM

Man, those jungle scenes were insane... the level of detail is amazing... I seriously doubt i'd be able to play it without dropping some big bucks on system upgrades :thumbsup:

Crytek are the same people that created FarCry, so they know what they're doing. If anyone has played FarCry, it's an awesome game... they should be able to get the combat fairly balanced with extremely intelligent AI.

The biggest distinction i see with current gen games and "next-gen" games are the lighting effects and textures. I almost dropped my jaw at that lighting example (the indoor example, not the forrest). Also, the textures are looking spectacular. The leaves and ground were extremely detailed, and seem to be running smoothly.

The thing that surprised me was the "depth of field" example. I've never noticed the problem with the way games are now until i saw that example.... It made me realize how much better games could look and feel, lol.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:49 PM

I'll be impressed if Crysis doesn't include very bad and cheesy voice acting and good cutscenes (as compared to Far Cry which what turned me off the most).

Far Cry's voice acting and (in my opinion) very low immursion make me appreciate Half Life 2 so much more.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

Considering how breathtaking the rest of the game looked the mussle flash was crap.

PS: You'd think all the military and para-military groups in games would have flash suppressors. :thumbsup:
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users