Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

straight from the farm pic from cowsgonemadd3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:33 PM

Well I said I had a lot of cats. I wanted to show you a few pics. If no one cares I will show 4 or 5 now and maybe some more later. Here is just a few of the 60 cats!
Picture 1 and 2(cats) these were taken just tonight so I had to use flash!
Posted Image
Posted Image
And a pic of some cows. ALl the cows are looking then boom this bright light comes out of this little box and there all like "I see little green dots!"
http://img98.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img98&image=PB110024.jpg
And dont forget the overgrown babies!
http://img105.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img105&image=PB110028.jpg

The reason I say I want to post more is because these are at night and arent the best. I will take a pic of the cows in the field later.
Hope you enjoy!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:05 AM

Great Fun to step from the board to the Barn, CGM3 Those agricultural sights & sounds stir some memories, my friend. The Hay, the Feed & that other distinctive odor that tells ya' in a minute that we're back in Kansas, Toto. :thumbsup: Good Job
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:05 AM

:flowers: :thumbsup:
Y'all join me in the singalong.....

"Where, oh where are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over and thought I found true love,
But you met another and :trumpet: you were gone".

Great pics CGM3! I can't imagine all those cats and all those cows! WOW! I know you have a farm but living in a big city, I don't see farms. In fact, to be honest, I've never seen a cow up close, ever. When I was 14 though, we moved to a town that was more country in Indiana (about 20 miles from my hometown) and mom thought it would be a great idea to own chickens since the house we bought came with a 30x50 pole barn, full of hay. The previous owners had a couple of horses. Anyway, I went with mom to buy the 50 baby chicks. One died on the way home. It was interesting owning those chickens. I know we later ate a few of them if not more than that but I never asked, lol.
By the way, how big is your land that you own out there? I know a guy who after owning his land for over 20 years, had a visitor come out with big excavating equipment. When questioned, the guy tells him that HE owns the mineral rights on his land. He had never heard of that, ever. This guy didn't own it entirely but he had the right to do whatever he wanted, as it turned out. Long story short, my friend got a $53,000 check for his share of the mineral rights. If any of you own land, you might want to check who owns the mineral rights. My friend also gets about $6000 a year from the electric company just because they have poles and electric lines running out there. I think he owns about 220 acres. Oh, and I also found out that if you own land and you keep a certain amount of farm animals on it, you don't pay taxes or you pay very little in property taxes. AND I also didn't know that if you keep a donkey on your land, it keeps out the wild animals who might want to eat your livestock.
Thought I'd share.....Y'all know I share a lot with ya! LOL
Great pics though, I enjoyed them!

Edited by TexasAngel67, 14 November 2004 - 03:06 AM.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:25 AM

Even though the effect is unintentional, I love the cats' eyes. It makes it look like they are controlling you with their eyes :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing

Oh by the way, how about we have a funny caption game with these?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 09:03 AM

Thanks CGM3 for the down home view. Through part of my childhood, I grew up on 10 acres, where we had built a new home. It wasn't quite a real working farm. But we did keep a few chickens, pigs and cows. To help with the grocery bill. Thre are 8 children in my family. Lol My Dad worked away from home in insurance and @ the nearby base. So my poor brothers had the outside chores to do. I always felt so sorry for them to have to go out in the middle of winter and tend to the animals. And I remember my Mom's huge garden. It must of been a 1/2 acre. In the heat of the summer picking vegetables and strawberries was an experience. I probably ate more strawberries than I kept. :thumbsup: Sometimes I hated living out there away from town. But now I realize that it was a real and decent way to grow up. I would wander out by the creek and sit on this high spot by a beautiful tree to be with my own thoughts. With 8 children in the family, there was always some kind of commotion going on. :flowers:
Posted Image

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 09:14 AM

How much do we own? Well somewhere around 90 acres maybe or 82. No really sure. We rent some land and one of our neighbors who is old lets us use his land. Its plenty for us. We used to own our road! LOL almost. 900+ acres as far as your eyes could see and farther! But that debt came rolling around(this was before I was born when my dad and his dad came from mischigan down here to SC) 1,000,000.........Too much of a monthly payment. Had to sell it all. We bought back some of it but not much. We have enough.

Yes we had problem with dogs taking down a lot of cows(I think 3 heifers!) but we ended that. Without a donkey to! I think a 30-06 gun did the trick. We set up cages and whatever got in there got the 22. I wont go into details it had to be done but some people wouldnt understand why. Those cows cost too much to let get killed(some go for around 2000.00)

I would like to get a donkey. We have been looking into them a little bit for that reason. A donkey will drop kick a dog.

Yeah all those glowing eyes. I would do red-eye reduction but can you imagine how long that would take with all those cats? I think there was about 40 in that picture.

As for cows we have I think we come close to 400 total.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users