Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plagued with BSOD's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beckoned

Beckoned

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I have a custom built computer (specs at the bottom) that my friend and I made around 3 years ago. It has run perfectly fine with no problems at all till i started to get BSOD's about 4 months ago. It was nothing at the start really, just a BSOD that happened once in that month, but it started to get worse over time. About a week ago my computer started to get BSOD's once or twice maybe even three times in a day which was very odd and I knew something was wrong. My computer did a start up repair after a BSOD and got some corrupt window files so I decided it was time to reformat my computer. After reformatting my computer it still had corrupt window files and I was still getting BSOD's so i reformatted again just to make sure it wasn't a hardware problem. After that reformat my computer still has corrupt window files and I'm still getting BSOD's. I was thinking that maybe windows update was causing it but I'm wasn't sure. I've been getting the following errors (all at random times)MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32.sys, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ntoskrnl.exe, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ntoskrnl.exe, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA usbhub.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntkrnlmp.exe. After look at websites for hours I decided it could possibly be my RAM or HDD I ran Memtest but not for very long and had no errors, I'm almost positive it couldn't be it because the RAM is recently new. I then ran Sea Tools for Windows on my HDD and it came up with no errors so I thought that it couldn't be it then. I thought of the PSU getting old and not supplying enough power but it doesn't seem like my PC is suffering from the signs of it, everything runs fine and seems to be getting enough power. Which leaves me with the Motherboard and CPU which I'm almost certain isn't faulty. Here is why I think its the Motherboard: when I went and bought some RAM to upgrade my PC I was stupid for not getting the same kind for the timing but I didn't even think of that and got the Corsair which is in my computer right now, but I put all 4 sticks of RAM that I had into the Motherboard and turned on my computer only to get a BSOD. I took out my old RAM from the 4th slot and it turned on with no errors at all. So I have a faulty RAM slot. Recently when I have my 3rd RAM in it would seem like my PC would BSOD more than when I have 2 in which is odd, so I took it out and only have 2 RAM sticks but I still get BSOD's from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe.

I'm extremely frustrated and I've just come to the conclusion that its probably my Motherboard but I'd like someone's opinion on this and to see if I'm right or not. I'm going to go get a new Mobo and RAM sticks Friday unless someone has an idea as to what it could be.

If you guys need more info I'll gladly give it, thank you in advance.

BIOS Information
Property Value
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
Version 1201
Board Product ID M4A78 PRO

Processor Information
Property Value
Summary 1 Physical Processors / 4 Cores / 4 Logical Processors / 64 bits
Name AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor
Vendor AuthenticAMD
Original System Clock 200 MHz

Storage Device Information
Name Size Model Manufacturer
Disk 0 500.1 GB Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 Hitachi
DVD Writer 0 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B Toshiba

Logical Disk Information
Name Type Size Free Space
A:\ Removable Disk
C:\ Local Disk 465.6 GB 384.4 GB
D:\ Optical Drive

Memory Information
Device Locator Memory Type Capacity Manufacturer Model
Slot 1 DDR2 [PC2-6400] 2048 MBytes Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5
Slot 2 DDR2 [PC2-6400] 2048 MBytes Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5

Display Adapter Information
Property Value
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1023 MBytes

Sound Adapter Information
Property Value
Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000. Microsoft
NVIDIA High Definition Audio NVIDIA
USB Audio Device (Generic USB Audio)
High Definition Audio Device Microsoft

Network Adapter Information
Model Type Status
Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller(NDIS6.20) OTHER Connected [1000 Mbps]

Operating System
Property Value
Type Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beckoned

Beckoned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Also, these are the parts I was thinking, anyone's opinion would be appreciated :)MOBO: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_335&item_id=051994 OR http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_335&item_id=053331 and for RAM I was thinking: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_611&item_id=032949

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users