Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen help needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moosie

moosie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

acer aspire all in one Z5761-E4532
23" multi media touch monitor with full HD 1080 HP
Intel core i5 processor 2400s
6GB DDK3 memory
1TB hd
Win 7 64 bit
intel HD graphics
multi in 1 card reader

:inlove:

Hi folks

I was using my acer aspire a few days ago, walked away from it to do something, when I came back it had blacked screened. Nothing I did returned it to working order. I shut it off, waited, turned it back on..the lights come on and it bleeps once but the screen remains black. Obviously I cant access model numbers etc and of course the paperwork is nowhere to be found.

The machine is about 18 months, never had any major issues except lately the browser would flicker, but if I closed the browser (IE) and reopened it the flicker disappeared.

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

There is likely an inverter issue if you experienced flickers before the incedent occured...

Before you do anything though: do you have a warranty on this machine?

You should probably test the inverter theory though by hooking the PC up to an external monitor. If an image appears you have narrowed it down to the LCD or the cable or inverter. The flicker makes me think it was the inverter though

#3 moosie

moosie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Thanks scurvychef, guess i'm off to buy a cable :P

#4 moosie

moosie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

...Well i connected it to an external monitor and with some minor settings adjustment it works just fine..i can access all the programmes and files and go online. the all in one screen is still black :P

now what ?

#5 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

OKay, so good news is that your graphics card is still good! that would have been the worste case scenereo.

Basically, you can either attempt to replace the inverter yourself or take it to a repair shop. I am not too versed in replacing these touch screens... Is this AZ5101 model like yours? Its doesn't look very fun to tear into.. lots of clips and such.

Do you think you would like to take on the mission of tearing into it yourself? or would you be happy taking it to a repair shop having a decent idea of what it is, so you aren't getting hit with huge diagnostic fees. Yet again, it may be a back light issue... we haven't ruled that out. Big cost difference. I would start with the inverter personally:

$35 Inverter

$200 LCD

#6 moosie

moosie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

....well it wouldnt be the first time i've taken a computer apart, nor the first time i've thought about taking a big hammer to one either lolol...but its always been towers. Got to the point with one where i had duct tape' hinges' instead of putting the screws back :hysterical:

This one is pretty much the same as the one in the video and does look to be a real pain.

There's only one puter shop in town, i'm going to give him a call and see if he knows anything :P

moosie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users