Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Laptop Keyboard Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nmwald1

nmwald1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi there

I'm new to this site and am looking for some help. I recently purchased a used Samsung series 3 laptop on ebay. It was supposed to be in working order other than the screen which needed replaced. When I got it, the keyboard wasn't working correctly. Each key you pressed inputted the wrong character (e.g type H get T). I updated all the drivers for Windows 7 and took the laptop apart to make sure the keyboard ribbon was inserted correctly, it was. However I took it out and re-inserted it again just to be sure. No dice. I plugged in my USB keyboard and that works fine. Figuring it had to be the hardware, I contacted the seller who sent me a replacement top chassis (which contains the keyboard). After transferring the motherboard and everything else over, I boot it up and get the exact same problem.
Has anyone experienced this before? The only thing I can think of now is that it's the connection point on the MB that's bad.

This is supposed to be an xmas gift for my son and so far is turning into a disaster.

The laptop model number is Samsung Series 3 NP300E5A 17.3" screen. It's running Windows 7

Thanks for your time and any help is much appreciated.

Nathan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Check the region and language settings in the Control Panel to see if it is set properly.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users