Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:04 AM
Windows 7, SP 1
I had uninstalled IE9, then tried to reinstall & was unable to do so. I would appreciate any help on how to resolve this problem. Here is the sequence I followed:
(0) Login into an administrator account
(1) Uninstall IE9
(3) Run Windows Update & install critical updates that were listed
(5) Run Windows Update & install IE9 optional update
(6) IE9 downloads fine
(Note: When I tried to redo this step (see #9 below), Windows Update recognized that IE9 had been previously downloaded & did not try to download again.)
(7) Windows Update begins install. After a few minutes, receive the following message:
Code 3715 Windows Update encountered an unknown error
(9) Redo steps 5-8 3 times - problem not resolved
(10) Try to install IE9 by hand rather than using Windows Update.
Download from microsoft.com the IE9 install package
(11) Run the install package. After several minutes, receive error that IE9 could not be installed.
Any thoughts on how to fix this?