Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Desktop Display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chillum

Chillum

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

EDIT* my apologies mods,could you delete this thread please as the problem has been resolved after numerous restarts :thumbup2:

Hi ,could anyone please help me with the following problem.

I had been experiencing problems with Windows Media Player not playing DVD's so after Googling I found a fix (which has worked) - http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-dvd-play-error-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-windows-7/ which I then ran.

I then restarted my PC and have found that the internet connection image which is displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the screen appears to showing that I do not have any connection even though I have full connection as normal,(it usually looks like this when my router is switched off completely) - here is the screenshot

Posted Image

Any help would be most appreciated Thanks.

Acer Aspire 5538G
Win 7 x64

Edited by Chillum, 20 November 2012 - 10:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Do you think that maybe you bumped the hardware switch for your wifi? and then again, by coincidence during multiple reboots. My toddle likes to run over and hit every key on my keyboard and, usually when by the time I realize he hit the wireless disable/enable key, I have already been scratching my head and refreshed the browser over and over. Now, it is the 1st thing I check!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users