Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

100% CPU Utilization. Back Up Jobs Failing...


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sibs

Sibs

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hi in our production server CPU is showing 100%, with cms.exe is the main culprit. Which shows a 50% of CPU usage, and tomcat_1.exe and tomcat_3.exe using 25% each. The same processes in one of the other server showing 0 CPU usage. This high CPU usage causing the backup jobs failing. Please help me to overcome this issue.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 Sibs

Sibs
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Hi guys I just restarted all my tomcat related services, and all the reporting services. tomcat_1.exe and tomcat_3.exe now showing 0 CPU usage. However CMS.exe still shows 50. And other process System Idle Process now showing 50. Though CPU usage now came down to 50% compared to our previous 100%. Any ideas to get rid off that 50% used by CMS.exe?

#3 Sibs

Sibs
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hi Guys, We just solved the issue thought just post it here and solve the issue.

Due to low memory our CMS (Central Management Server - Business Objectives) process (CMS.exe) attempted an auto shutdown couple of days before. This information we got from our event log. under business objectives CMS. However this auto shutdown wasn't successful. The status got locked as stopping. Since we does,t have any other way, manually killed cms.exe using task manager, and restarted the service Central Management System From services.msc. Now everything looks awesome ...

Thanks,
SIBS




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users