Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 pro 32bit not booting up or freezing if it does

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 richoss

richoss

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

gday guyes
the last few weeks I have had problems with windows either not booting up or if it does boot up it freezes and I cant move the cursor control alt delete or anything

also when i did a diskcleanup my norton intenet secruity definitions got fully cleaned out ,I have let them know and still havn't got a solution from them still.

I have done check disk
any help would be great
thankz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richoss

richoss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

any ideas people

I have a feeling that my computer is not shutting down properly and looking up in the event viewer have kernel 41 errors and others but dont know what and how to use this info
any help would be great

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

Louis

#4 richoss

richoss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

it sometimes wont even boot up so I cant get into safe mode
or if it locks up hangs
I have to turn the power off without it shutting down first which causes more problems when i try and start up again booting up all 3 lights on my keyboard are on and my screen is blank
once in a while it will try repair but I have no idea of the problem/problems so it keeps coming back and probably getting worse as it not fixed
looking at a few tools now
for debugging but one wont even run after downloading it

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

If the system does not boot...how are you able to use debugging tools and look at Event Viewer...or anything else that requires access to Windows?

Louis

#6 richoss

richoss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

it some times boots sometimes does not eg this morning it took about 10 times to boot up
i cant use debugging tools as they download but wont run and i dont know how to use them anyhow just trying to solve it before i cant boor up at all.
and now my download manager wont load either dap app crash and not sure how to download with firefox as dap is my default and because dap wont load i cant change the settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users