Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude D505 Video/Graphics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PoppyJ

PoppyJ

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Got a Dell Latitude D505 that I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on. Everything works great except the Video. The resolution is nothing short of terrible. The internal video card is apparently an Intel Extreme Graphics 855GM. Graphics were fine with the old XP operating system but now they are horrendous! Is there some other driver (s) that I could use to trick this particular video card into giving me some decent screen resolution? Say maybe a Vista driver or something? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PoppyJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Poppy, is the archetechure the same for the installation media as is your cpu? both 32bit? or both 64 bit? I have seen people install 64bit software on a 32bit machine. It not only looked horrible, it damaged the CPU.

#3 Wooshie

Wooshie

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Here is your salvation.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/77ed85cd-9466-4331-af1f-6a031ff5588a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users