Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer monitoring software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 kjvlv

kjvlv

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

does anybody have reccomendations for software that monitors a users usage? websites visited, emails sent, chat, that sort of thing. have an employee that I need to build a file on. sad but true. obviously I do not want it to be detected by the user, be reasonably priced.
thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ramof

ramof

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Try SilentMonitoring.
A friend of mine used it to monitor her kids and in the website it says the software is also used to catch cheating spouses ;)

#3 Robay75

Robay75

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm an employer, and I've had to research this some in the past and I've found a few different titles for my different needs as an employer. If you're just looking to monitor a single computer here and there SniperSpy works fantastic. You can install it manually, or if you can't get access to the computer you can install it by attaching it to an email and send it to the computer. I believe they have versions for PC and Mac. If you're looking to monitor a networks worth of computers look into NetSpy Pro. I just had to install this on all the computers in my office and I love it. I hope one of those will be helpful to you. B)

#4 CP80

CP80

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

You could try this kind of thing http://www.refog.com/keylogger.html I know a few friends with kids use it to keep track of them on the internet. A lot of the time the knowledge that they're being monitored is enough to make them be more careful about what they do online, I suppose it would be the same with employees.

#5 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

At my wife's insistence, I installed a program called SpyAgent on her laptop when our 15-year-old Facebook-addicted granddaughter came to live with us temporarily.  No way the kid's touching my laptop!  The program cost around $90 and is a real pain to initially configure.  But when properly set up, it's totally invisible to the user.  There is even an option to automatically send the usage logs to an e-mail address. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users