Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CouponDropDown Removal?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 galperh

galperh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

My computer is infected with a virus that posts banner ads on all the sites i visit, even ones where there were no banner ads before. Each one accompanied by "CouponDropDown" I've tried a lot of different removal programs but most are for a PC and not a MAC. They seem to spreading as now they are making it impossible for me to do things like reblog a post on tumblr or read the top of my facebook. While those things on their own would be fine, i'm worried about my computer. They show up only on Safari, i haven't seen any on firefox.

Edited by boopme, 18 November 2012 - 08:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hello do you have an Antivirus installed? If so whic as I will assume it's failing you.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 galperh

galperh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I thought that I did, i have one from apple that is supposed to scan my entire computer and I run it every couple of days. I'm not sure it prevents so much as removes.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ok,Just wondering as I want to run a tool.

https://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002346.html

1) Download FlashbackRemoval.zip to the Mac machine you want to scan.
2) Double-click the zip package to unzip it in the current folder.
3) Double-click the FlashBack Removal app to run the tool.
4) Follow the instructions to check your system and clean any infections.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 galperh

galperh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Thanks, i'll try that!

#6 galperh

galperh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

I tried it, but I can't run it on my computer. It just shows up as a bunch of code in text edit. Normally when that happens it's because i tried to open a file that hasn't been converted for the MAC.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

You're welcome... I want you to repost here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs.It may be your version.
Someone there will be more of an expert and help you.
Make this youe title...
CouponDropDown Removal? MAC OS

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

I see that this topic is getting a lot of hits. So, I will mention that Bleeping Computer has
posted a HOWTO for Windows users to remove the CouponDropDown.
Remove the CouponDropDown Adware (Uninstall Guide) (instructions for removing from browsers will work in Macs, too.)

The instructions give more
possible culprits such as:

1ClickDown
1ClickDownloader
FB Photo Zoom
GoPhoto.it

HDvid Codec
IB Updater

Incredibar Toolbar
OneClickDownload
OneClickDownloader
Online HD TV
PutLockerDownload
TornTV
Yontoo

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 Thr4wn

Thr4wn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

For future Googlers, in my case the problem was that I was using some Chrome extension which was injecting those ads. Be sure to check all your extensions and turn them off until the problem goes away and see if that fixes it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users