Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD and antiphishing warning from antivirus.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 piperca

piperca

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I have been experiencing the BSOD for several months now. If I disassemble the PC, clean it and reset the CMOS, the BSOD disappear for a while, but always return. Each time the BSOD provides me with a different reason for the failure. I have reinstalled the system from the recovery disc several times in an attempt to fix the problem, but to no avail. Recently, I have begun to get a warning from my Avast antivirus (free version) that visicom_antiphishing.exe is a trojan horse and has been blocked. I do not have to open internet explorer to get this warning; sometimes waking the PC causes the warning.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hello,

Have a look here: What is the "visicom_antiphishing.exe" ?
  • See if it can be removed from via Control Panel (Classic View), click "Programs and Features," then search for Anti-phishing Domain Advisor and click "Uninstall".

Let's see if we can help you with your computer BSOD problem. These problems are often not simple so gathering as much information about your computer will be important.

1. ) Please follow these instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8, 7 & Vista
  • With the exception of Step 4 - part 2 - Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s).
  • Note - When they are run, both files: BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe and autoruns.exe need to be in the Documents directory.
Please upload the zipped folder to a File Sharing website of your choosing because Bleeping Computer has a 512 K only upload limit and this file will be much larger.

2. ) To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)
  • During installation, uncheck "Install the free Google Toolbar along with Speccy."
  • Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 piperca

piperca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Okay, here is the SPECCY file: My link

Here's a link to the JSGRIFF2.ZIP file: My link

Here's a link to the PERFMON.HTML file: My link

Here's a link to my SYSNATIVE post: My link

I hope this is what you needed.

#4 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hello,

There are no minidump files in the JSGRIFF2.ZIP. I see that you are running CCleaner on a scheduled basis. Please open CCleaner and make sure that "Minidumps" is not checked; otherwise, your .dmp files are being deleted.

Please attach any new minidumps as they occur.

Regards,
Brooks

#5 piperca

piperca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yes, that appears to be the problem, I had "memory dumps" selected. I believe it is a default setting. I'm guessing there's not much you can do for me, until I have further BSOD?

#6 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

The minidump files may be helpful.

I have reinstalled the system from the recovery disc several times in an attempt to fix the problem, but to no avail.

Make sure that you obtain the latest drivers (chipset, network, others) from the computer manufacturer's website if it is an OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) or the hardware manufacturer's site (add-on graphics card - nVidia, etc.). The recovery disc's drivers may not be current.

Two re-occurring errors in the system events log:

The MSCamSvc service hung on starting.
  • You could try to uninstall and re-install any webcam software.
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt
  • This is a port (mouse?) driver and is updated via Windows Update. Make sure you are current with all updates.

Regards,
Brooks

#7 piperca

piperca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I have updated all drivers from HPs website, each time I've reinstalled the system. When doing so, I had to reinstall the webcam, which is an add-on to the system. All Windows updates are current; however, I have not updated the Microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard drivers; should I?

#8 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Go ahead and update the wireless mouse and keyboard.

Regards,
Brooks

#9 piperca

piperca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Okay, I upgraded the firmware and software for the mouse/keyboard.

Also, in "Problem reports and solutions" it shows 4 blue screen incidents; three in September and one in November. The information related to the incidents is located in a temp file. Should I send you those? If so, what would be the best way to extract and share them?

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Athlon%2064%20X2%205000+%20-%20ADA5000IAA5CZ.html

Your CPU seems to be running hot. I had a system with that CPU (stock heatsink) and it never approached 50 Celsius, let alone more than that.

Louis

#11 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

If I disassemble the PC, clean it and reset the CMOS, the BSOD disappear for a while

As hamluis has pointed out, the CPU is running hot. Did you clean and re-apply thermal paste with the last cleaning? If not, that would be my first priority, along with making sure all fans were working and that the case has adequate ventilation (->Push Pull -> ).

I didn't mention this before, but if anything is Overclocked, please reset to stock settings.

"Problem reports and solutions"........The information related to the incidents is located in a temp file.

I'm sure that CCleaner has deleted all the temp files.

Event logs contain only a few like these: The previous system shutdown at 9:41:50 AM on 11/12/2012 was unexpected.

Regards,
Brooks

#12 piperca

piperca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

I did not re-apply thermal paste, but I will check that out. The fan/heatsink are OEM. I do not overclock the system, it is an HP stock system. The fans all appear to be running. How hot is the CPU running? Hot enough to cause these BSOD?

I don't have access to the PC right now, but, if I recall correctly, one of the files in the temp location is titled mini dump. There are three files per event, two of which appear to be notepad files.

#13 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Overheating can cause BSODs.

From Speccy Snapshot:
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+: 64 C
Brisbane 65nm Technology

From hamluis reference:
Maximum operating temperature: 55C - 70C

See if the notepad files contain anything pertinent.

Regards,
Brooks

#14 piperca

piperca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Okay, the files that are included are a .dmp file, sysdata (XML) file and Version (notepad) file.

#15 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Please zip (compress) the three files and attach it to your next post.

• When you click Add Reply for your next post, you will have the option to attach the compressed folder (see bottom, left).
  • Please attach the Compressed (zipped) folder to your next post by browsing to where the compressed folder was saved.
    Posted Image
  • Note: The Bleeping Computer Forum has a 512K upload limit on file size.
  • See how to Manage Your Attachments to delete old attachments.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users