Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolved: BIOS Flash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zebijoke

Zebijoke

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic324305.html - Hamluis.

I was moving the cursor with the touchpad, but only just for a second. I confirmed that the touchbad ribbon is installed correctly. It didnt crash after testing for 20 minutes in safe mode (after which I was called away), which implies that there is a driver problem - but that is likely a red herring as the BIOS doesn't complete in dual core mode. Could be southbridge chipset I guess.

If I can flash BIOS and install chipset drivers in safe mode I suppose I'll start with that and see what happens.

[edit]

OK flashed the BIOS (1.9 is still the latest) and the latest chipset drivers from within safemode. Comp now boots in normal, and had had an uptime for 5 minutes and counting. No apparent conflicts in device manager, but runs really slow in single core.

Now I've switched back to dual core in the BIOS and booted to windows normal mode, although its started it still runs 'choppy'/slow... :flowers:
S'pose I should run a memtest at this point.

wow really weird set of circumstances. Hopefully it'll stay alive at least... :thumbsup:

Hi , please help me i have the same problem after ive flashed my bios from win , the simtoms are the same, did u manage to flash the bios from an USB Pen Drive or only from USB Floppy Disk Drive couse for some reazon im not able to flash it even after i desabled dual core mode in bios
Thanks in advance !

Edited by hamluis, 18 November 2012 - 02:44 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zebijoke

Zebijoke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

I was moving the cursor with the touchpad, but only just for a second. I confirmed that the touchbad ribbon is installed correctly. It didnt crash after testing for 20 minutes in safe mode (after which I was called away), which implies that there is a driver problem - but that is likely a red herring as the BIOS doesn't complete in dual core mode. Could be southbridge chipset I guess.

If I can flash BIOS and install chipset drivers in safe mode I suppose I'll start with that and see what happens.

[edit]

OK flashed the BIOS (1.9 is still the latest) and the latest chipset drivers from within safemode. Comp now boots in normal, and had had an uptime for 5 minutes and counting. No apparent conflicts in device manager, but runs really slow in single core.

Now I've switched back to dual core in the BIOS and booted to windows normal mode, although its started it still runs 'choppy'/slow... :flowers:
S'pose I should run a memtest at this point.

wow really weird set of circumstances. Hopefully it'll stay alive at least... :thumbsup:

Hi , please help me i have the same problem after ive flashed my bios from win , the simtoms are the same, did u manage to flash the bios from an USB Pen Drive or only from USB Floppy Disk Drive couse for some reazon im not able to flash it even after i desabled dual core mode in bios
Thanks in advance !

nevermind ive manage to fix it booting from CD and flash the bios from there .......:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users