Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

seagate 1T

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ncthriller

ncthriller

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

i put a couple movie torrents on a new seagate 1T. it worked fine at first and then suddenly the ps3 or the xbox will pick up the hard drive at all. every forum i read says i need to reformat from NFTS to FAT32. but when i try to format said hard drive it only gives me the option on exfat. and that doesnt work. im just trying to be able to watch movies through my ps3 or xbox360 again. it worked at at first so im at a lose. any help would be great

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agglomerate

Agglomerate

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Download EaseUS partition manager (Google is your friend). Connect the drive to the computer before running. Open the software and select the drive. Select format. This may give you the option of FAT32. If it dosen't, just format to exFAT regularly, and then reconnect to the xbox. The xbox will detect it isn't formatted to the correct file structure and it will format the drive itself to be compatible. Then connect to the PC and torrent your stuff. Hopefully this helps. If not, sorry I couldn't assist.

- Agglomerate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users