Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No idea what my problem is

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vagabonder1

vagabonder1

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I posted a couple weeks ago about having the pound sign in place of a dollar sign for some websites (which I haven't fixed yet but shouldn't be the cause of my issues now)
I use google chrome, I don't want to use a different web browser and would love to figure out whats going on.

A couple days ago I opened a new tab (Yahoo) and couldn't type anything in the search box... I also started noticing I was having issues with using the scroll bar on the right... it was is if the screen was frozen - but just that tab/web site. If I click on a different tab and go back to the tab that froze its fine. The once frozen tab will show what I was typing in the search box (but not seeing), or if I was trying to scroll when I click back over the page is scrolled down.

Today I would open a new tab and get the website but quickly the page would go white - again corrected if I selected another tab and went back to it (the page would be there). I've done a full system scan (twice) with Norton and not a single thing pops up as an issue. I've searched all over and can't seem to find what could be causing this. I recently downloaded spotify but find it hard this is the cause of my internet searching problems. I will note, I searched for a little bit on IE without any issues.

what sent me over the edge tonight is every single page gave me an issue, then I got a shockwave error - but I know chrome has this auto updated and it appears I have the latest version? I also have this issue with my home modem and with a different modem.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Do you have same issues with different browser like IE or Firefox?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 vagabonder1

vagabonder1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I used Firefox for a little bit tonight without any issues.

I deleted Chrome and it's folder (as well as crash reports) and reinstalled chrome. Thought I was in the clear, but just now I opened a new tab and I couldn't scroll down... tabbed out and back in and it was fine. When I tabbed back in the web page had alot of graphics for advertisement (not sure if thats the cause?)... also just opened a new tab to browse and couldn't type (again tabbed out and back in and it was fine)

#4 vagabonder1

vagabonder1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Paying more attention to this. When my page 'freezes' and I can't type in the search box or scroll - the add associated with that page is trying to load but doesn't. When I tab out and back in the ad is there and the page is fine

#5 vagabonder1

vagabonder1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

is this a flash plug in problem?

#6 vagabonder1

vagabonder1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

So, I followed what this person said to do: http://www.revthatup.com/how-to-solve-your-google-chrome-freezing-and-hanging-problems/

So far so good... If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it, seems weird I need to go around Chrome and install a different flash, no?

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I'm not sure if I understand.
Is the issue solved or you still have some problem?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#8 vagabonder1

vagabonder1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

I followed the link above, disabled the flash chrome was using and enabled the one I downloaded from Adobe. I have yet to have an issue... however, I'm not familiar with why this happened and if what I did was ok for long term use.

I've used chrome for years and have never had an issue. This is just weird for me.

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Keep me posted.

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users