Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix does not remove TDSS Rootkit virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Habmanfan

Habmanfan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

I use Combofix all the time, however, I have noticed that it does not remove the TDSS Rootkit / Alureon virus. I have had to use Hitman Pro after running Combofix to remove that virus and it does it well. Hitman Pro detects it immediately upon scanning and sets it for deletion upon next reboot. I'm curious as to why Combofix can't cure it when it runs. Combofix is my first tool of choice to remove the majority of viruses, however, it comes up short on this one. Any ideas on when that may be incorporated into Combofix so it kills that virus, too? Thank you. Habmanfan

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.
Moved to AV forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Please read this recently posted topic from Grinler -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic474887.html/page__view__findpost__p__2893031

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users