Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Back from the dead but slower than slow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

My computer has been SOL / DOA for a month with spinning wheel and "application not responding."

Finally after doing a couple of disk repairs I have been able to get online and I want to download a program that might help and want to know if Applejack would be best or is there something else better in my case?

The logging online took forever because it said it was reading junk like googlead and stuff. But now I have it up and I just want to know what's the best I can do now because even though it functions it is mindnumbingly slow.

I still don't know why it was screwed up in the first place - someone said maybe hard drive going bad but it isn't that old or used so much and would it be back working?

I have tried to use activity monitor but it does not respond.

Edited by kcsummer, 17 November 2012 - 04:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Twenty steps to help diagnose and fix system issues

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Twenty steps to help diagnose and fix system issues

I have been through all that really and getting nowhere till I can go into Terminal and find whatever SCRIPT keeps jamming the system. Maybe I should have done something about scripts cause that seems to be the problem starting out and still. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond though. I just already read that and did what I could with it.

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Usually those troubleshooting steps will fix most issues with Mac OSX. It's system issues that are harder to diagnose and fix which sounds like your Mac might have. Does the same happen in a new user account? If it does then it's most likely a system wide issue.

#5 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Usually those troubleshooting steps will fix most issues with Mac OSX. It's system issues that are harder to diagnose and fix which sounds like your Mac might have. Does the same happen in a new user account? If it does then it's most likely a system wide issue.

I'll experiment with the new user and see what happens if it will let me set one up - good suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users