Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Browsing Stops Working Intermittently

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike1005

Mike1005

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi,

Recently I've been having a problem with the Internet.

I am connected to a wireless WEP network using a TrendNet wireless adapter running Win 7. The Internet will stop working for some unknown reason only on my PC that uses this wireless adapter, but just web browsing stops working. Skype and Torrent still works. On my MacBook the Internet will still work during these periods. What seems to be the problem and how do I fix it?

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Most likely heavy bandwith internet usage from torrent or possible infection. WEP is also an old security encryption, interference is another or a faulty adapter.

Tekken

#3 Mike1005

Mike1005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Torrent isn't running when this occurs.

If it was WEP or interference my MacBook would have the same issue.

I scanned for viruses. It can't be an infection.

I highly doubt it's faulty adapter. I've only experienced this problem until recently.

What else could be causing this?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

Well, you could try reinstalling the USB wifi adapter as one... and try using a different USB port this time.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users