Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC rebooting during any attempt of a virus scan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 edam72

edam72

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for viewing, I will attempt to list all details and what I have tried.

C: drive is in a RAID 0 configuration.

The computer originally had a video problem and would not load Catalyst Control Center, used a Microsoft fix (unistalling the regular way would not work) to uninstall and reinstall the ATI program and drivers and now video is fine. I went to run a virus scan with Microsoft Security Essentials, and 1/4 to halfway through the computer reboots. I disabled MSE and tried other scanners, all of which caused the same problem, even in SAFE mode. Malwarebytes did finish one time and removed these 3 items:
Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\chrome\Extensions\fdloijijlkoblmigdofommgnheckmaki (PUP.Funmoods) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Files Detected: 2
C:\Users\Beansie\Downloads\frzfonts_1793.exe (PUP.BundleOffers.IIQ) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Beansie\Google Drive\Downloads\frzfonts_1793.exe (PUP.BundleOffers.IIQ) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

But after that, even Malwarebytes could not finish any scans.

I checked the event viewer and from what I can see, this is the only error I get before it reboots.
Kernel Power:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
After rebooting the PC seems to get these 3 errors each time.
1.Kernel P-N-P: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_COMPACT_FLASH&REV_0.00#00000000000006&0#.
2.Service Control Manager : A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 12 service to connect.
3. Kernel Event Tracing: Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

I did use SFC /scannow and it returned no errors.
I also ran a hardware check on the system and no errors were returned, and did a stress test on the video cards that went well.
That is all I can think of right now, hope that is enough information. And thanks to anyone ahead of time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

To be safer about this ...I think we should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users