, and welcome to BC!
My name is bloopie
and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! Please tell me what version of Windows you are running
...XP? Vista? 7? ...32 or 64-bit?
A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
- If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!
- Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here
and save it to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
- Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
- Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- Note*** If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt"
. Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.
Please download aswMBR
( 4.5MB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon, and click Run.
- When asked if you'd like to "download the latest Avast! virus definitions", click Yes.
- Click the Scan button to start the scan.
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it in your next reply.
==========In your next reply, please include the following:
- The log from TDSSKiller
- The aswMBR log
- Still being redirected?