Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Updates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trickydick

trickydick

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:48 PM

Does anyone know a free site that could tell me which drivers I need and where to find them?

Is driveragent.com worth the 29.95?

I have tried using everest to find the drivers but the sites dont have it or I am scared to pick the driver myself.
I need a program that will make it trickyproof and give me a button to click saying this is what you need, click here.

Thanks for your help and I wasn't sure if this is where this question went but it does concern audio and video.

If mods want to move it I won't be offended.

Thanks in advance for the help you might give me and the help you have given me.

Tricky

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

TBH you should just go to the manufactures website and click on "downloads/updates" then input your card info as requested. It's extremely simple, and takes no time at all to do. This is for both sound and graphic cards.

IMHO, paying the $29.95 would be a waste of money, as you can get the info for free from the manufacturers website.

Alternately, you could probably google "newest drivers for Nvidia 7800 GTX" or whatever your card is (both sound and graphics).

What type of graphics card/sound card do you have (ie. radeon 9800 pro or sb! live 24-bit)?
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 trickydick

trickydick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

SIS onboard cards, went to the site and used their tool to find drivers, downloaded what they said and got error messages.

I think the simpler solution is going to be to upgrade my sound and video cards.

Any suggestions?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:12 PM

What model # is your mobo? What is your OS? The more info you can give up front the better your results will be.

Did you try here

http://www.computing.net/beos/wwwboard/forum/788.html
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users