Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAR not responding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BK_Hoss

BK_Hoss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Happy Friday!

I recently used the "How to use Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to remove rootkits from a Computer" guide to successfully clean my XP laptop and it worked like a charm! :thumbsup:

I then tried to use it on my Win7(64bit) laptop and as the guide cautioned, I ran in to the "Could not load DDA Driver". I clicked "Yes", it restarted, I updated & scanned & scanned.... & now it's "not responding". Malware Found = 7 so far, but it hasn't moved in a couple of hours.

Could another Malware detection software be causing issues? I think I saw Microsoft Security Essentials pop up a window in the lower right hand corner saying something about removing a threat. Unfortunatly I was multitasking and didn't see what it said.

I'm not sure whether to shut it down, give it more time or what.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

If you're having issues with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) not covered on the "How to" Guide, you can always contact Technical Support or report it in the Malwarebytes Forum.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hi -
First option is that you should run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (or Pro version)
Always check each program for any current update prior to running it -

MBAR is a second option and is more specific in what it is looking for, rather than "general infections". Only use it as a second remover after MBAM has finished.

If you think that these infections are a major problem, please follow these directions >>
Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== and do steps 6 to 9

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank You -
EDIT - Do not forget that, although released , it was noted that MBAR was still listed as being in Beta Testing -
This means 98% OK for public use, and please report any problems back to the company -

Edited by noknojon, 17 November 2012 - 12:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users