Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally signed up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 libraryfixer

libraryfixer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I've been a user of information found on the forums here for a while and I've done several things I shouldn't have, such as run Combofix on my own, but thankfully all has always worked out well. Whew! I do know when I do those things I'm on my own, but I usually don't have the time to wait for someone to help me with a fix. Just recently a friend's computer went bad and I decided to sign on and get help from someone who really knows what they are doing instead of me doing my trained monkey thing! I'm almost completely self taught at computer repair which means my knowledge is extremely gappy, but I've been lucky enough to know some really smart people who have helped me. Also, because of my work, I'm good at researching and that helps too. I wish I knew more, but maybe one day I will. Thanks to all those at Bleeping Computer and all the users who have contributed information that I've used over the years. I will be posting for help with my latest problem in another forum, but thought it would be nice to say hello and thanks here!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Well !! Now that is an honest appraisal of ones own limitations if ever I read one !! Well done my friend and well said !! You are more than Welcome here and may the knowledge you absorb fill the 'Gaps" you spoke of !!
I can see you will be a valuable addition to the team.

Brian
Australia.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 libraryfixer

libraryfixer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Thank you, Brian! I'm really looking forward to actually being a part of the community instead of just lurking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users