Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hauppauge colossus Capture Card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Webspaceman

Webspaceman

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hello

I was wondering if anyone can help me setup my Hauppauge colossus Capture Card to record Sky TV recordings, I have connected the sky box to the capture card with RGB YpbPr cables and RGB YpbPr to the TV. I am using ArcSoft ShowBiz software, it does not detect the sky box, it does detect my PS3 and camcorder and works well with them. I know you can back up sky recordings to DVD with DVD recorder but not sure if a capture card will work. Please I need Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

If you are trying to capture on the computer...you need to run the cable from the box to the capture card.

If you are trying to capture and see TV at the same time...then you need to use a splitter from the cable connected to the box...and then run connecting cables to both the TV and capture card.

Hauppauge uses its own program for captures, which should have been included on CD: WinTV7. The CD reflects both driver for the card and the capture program, WinTV7. The Arcsoft software is probably for editing video which has been captured.

Both the driver and the WinTV software can be downloaded from the Hauppauge website.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4273/hauppauge-colossus-hd-pvr-with-hdmi-support

Louis

#3 Webspaceman

Webspaceman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I have run a cable from the box to the capture card and there is an output on the capture card to go to TV but im not getting any signal at all from sky box. The software i am using is the software that came with the card. Im sure I have the cables wired properly the only thing i can think of is a problem with the software or a problem with the sky box not outputting the signal to capture card. All drivers downloaded and installed when i installed the card.
PS3 and camcorder works fine with it.

Edited by Webspaceman, 16 November 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I have a Hauppauge card.

The card does not output to a TV, it captures output from the settop box...and delivers it to your system.

I zuggest that you read the owner's manual which came with the card.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_colossus.html

Louis

#5 Webspaceman

Webspaceman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Read the manual over and over I have got the PS3 and camcorder working with the capture card but i cant detect the sky+ HD box or even a video player. The card does have a passthrough as i have used it on PS3 to record gameplay. I have used 3 sets of cables on the sky+ box to check if the cables were faulty and no signal with any of them. cables are OK as they work on other devices. can any1 help with this. Oh I connected the sky+ box with HDMI cables and I get a message saying HDMI output to this device is not supported (but I know this from researching online), but it tells me there was a signal sent. No signal with RGB cable. Is there a software configuration I need to do. Any help would be great........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users