Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NAV still stalls after restore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jjmoon7172

jjmoon7172

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

NAV detected ZeroAccess! C a while back. I restored. Now both full and quick MBAM scans result in 0 items detected. NAV quick scans normally and detects only tracking cookies that it removes. However, after two attempts at uninstall/reinstall of NAV it still stalls on full scans despite running pretty much all day or night.

I need some help to determine if there are lingering threats and/or the problems causing NAV to stall.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sightless

Sightless

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

By "restore" do you mean system restore? If so, you may still be infected since rootkits are not that easy to get rid of.

#3 jjmoon7172

jjmoon7172
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Yes I did a system restore. I am running another NAV full scan and am getting a spyware detection, but it stalls before it shows the details. I suppose I should proceed with DSS?

#4 jjmoon7172

jjmoon7172
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yes I did a system restore. I am running another NAV full scan and am getting a spyware detection, but it stalls before it shows the details.

Sorry, meant DDS...and GMER...for the removal forum.

Edited by jjmoon7172, 16 November 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#5 Sightless

Sightless

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

That would probably be your best option. Or you could wait for someone else such as boopme or naren to reply. But if it was a rootkit, you will probably need to go ahead and post in the removal forum.

#6 jjmoon7172

jjmoon7172
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Okay I am proceeding in the removal forum. Sorry I just should have done that initially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users