Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalling Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ThePie69

ThePie69

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

HEREI have a HP Pavilion dv6t-6000 and I got a brand new hard drive and installing windows 8 unlimited 64 bit. I have installed it and had no drivers or nothing on the laptop. Made a sperate burned CD with Ralink and Intel wifi drivers so I could get on the internet and download the rest of the drivers from HP from this link HERE. Anyway I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right and what not. I saved and renamed all the drivers I installed to make sure I no what they were and such. Just installed around 100 windows updates including IE9 and a service pack. It may just be me but it seems like when I drag around a window or something similair the PC just seems like its a bit laggy. My main thing is that I want this to be right and all like the way it was when I got it. Thanks for all your future help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

A Question -

You titled this "Reinstalling Windows 7", but it seems that you actually want to finish "installing Windows 8" ??

Which one is the problem. Removing Windows 8, or do you want to finish installing Windows 8 and run Windows 7 at the same time ??

Thank You -

#3 ThePie69

ThePie69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I didn;t mean to type windows 8, i w=ment to type windows 7. All I have is win 7 64 bit ultimate on here. It seems like I got everything installed and working. Although I did have a hotspot software on here that I could turn on and it turns the internet connection into wifi. I believe it was a intel thing. Also I had a bluetooth and wifi manger thing that came with this computer when I got it to. Not sure If there on that link i provided or not. The one error I'm seeing in device manager is under other devices its location is microsfot acpi-compliant system (code 28), hardware ID ACPI-HPQ004. What is this and how do I get this driver?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Did you install the chipset driver?

And for future reference, you could easily have downloaded all the drivers in advanced and saved them to a usb drive of some sort.

Edited by Allan, 16 November 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#5 ThePie69

ThePie69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

sp55095 - Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver I installed that, and my usb port driver was not installed when I reinstalled windows so I had to load them on a CD. They work now though after I got the 3.0 controller driver. I still have that unkown device though.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Don't worry about it as long as everything works okay. You can "UNINSTALL" the device in device manager and see if it reappears after a reboot.

#7 ThePie69

ThePie69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

It didn't work it still is unknown device.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

As I said, if everything is working okay don't worry about it.

#9 ThePie69

ThePie69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Dosn't it surve a purpose though. It wasn't like that on my old hard drive. I have to be missing something.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Possible enlightenment, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g/Unknown-device-on-Microsoft-ACPI-Compliant-System-for-F731au/td-p/177955 .

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/89292-hp-3d-driveguard-neccessary.html

Can be uninstalled, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01434836&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=3688868&prodTypeId=321957

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users