Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about hot-linking images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I run a movie review site, and I want to add some photos of a certain celebrity. So I've downloaded carious images of this celeb, and uploaded them to a photobecket account, that way I don't have to deal with unnecessary copyright issues.
Anyhow, when I hot link an image, will my website show up in a google image search when people type in the proper key words, or will google display the image as "coming from" photobucket?

My entire motivation for showing images in my movie reviews is because 90% of people who find my site, do so because they were googling a photo of that celebrity.
Obviously, when I put the picture on my server, and ad the alt text, it shows up in google images, and clicking it will lead you right to my web page.
But will using hotlinks do that? Or will clicking the image in google image search take you to photobucket?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

You will still have to deal with copyright issues if you are displaying images that you do not own the copyright for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users