Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Word not installed for current user

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miriamdances

miriamdances

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:43 PM

Hi folks.

I am using Windows XP SP2. Now, when I open Microsoft Word, my computer goes, as normal, to a window labelled Document. However, a small window then opens saying Windows Installer is preparing to install. Which led me to believe I had uninstalled something vital to the Windows program. However, the computer goes on to say, "Microsoft Word has not been installed for the current user." I am wondering whether the problem is not that I have uninstalled something vital but that, in altering my user accounts as I have done, I have somehow lost my access to Microsoft Windows.

What I did to my accounts was set up a dummy Administrator and then set myself up with 2 accounts - one with full administrator privileges and one with limited privileges for Internet access. Is it possible that in doing this I have somehow become shut out of Microsoft Word? If so, how do I fix this? Or how do I check this if this is what is the problem?

I am glad that you don't say "RTFM" in this discussion forum!

Regards, miriamdances

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:07 PM

When you run an application that has been installed for ALL users on a computer, and then run it for the first time as a new user, it sometimes installs items into the users personal profile?

Is it prompting you for a cd or does it do its thing and then stop? If it stops does it start again the next time you start word ?

If it asks for the cd have you inserted it and let it install what it needs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users