Hopefully some of the threads I linked to may have been successful, in which case ignore the questions below. I still don't haven't got much feedback. I've mentioned a few things several times and got no reaction so:
1. Does the printer work locally from its front panel when disconnected from the PC - either copying documents or printing photos?
2. When working locally when disconnected from the PC, are there any error lights on the printer?
3. What OS was installed on the PC when the HP software was originally installed?
4. What is the current OS of the PC?
5. If the OS changed, did you update the driver at that point, and did you keep a copy of the update?
6. If the OS changed, did you have to update the HP software, and did you keep a copy of that update?
7. Have you updated the firmware of the printer at any time?
8. When the "Check Paper Error" occurs, is it indicated by the "Check Paper" light on the printer, a warning dialog in Windows, both the previous, or some other indication (state what)?
9. Have you tried uninstalling the HP software with any available HP uninstall program (not the regular uninstall in Add/Remove programs)?
10. If the OS is still the same as the original (XP?) have you tried the original disk install including the old drivers (not
the latest drivers)?
Edited by Nanobyte, 17 November 2012 - 01:17 AM.