Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

amd audio output

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 norco1

norco1

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm unable to receive TV sound from my TV in Windows 7 AMD HDMI output line. Although the jacks are plugged in to both TV and PC the display box indicates the line is disabled although I've enabled it. I also checked for an updated driver and replugged lines without success. The PC speakers do reproduce audio. Please advise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Please post the computer mode, video card and TV model next time. Did it worked before?

Tekken

#3 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

thanks for your reply. if I understand you correctly my pc mode is in normal os. my video card is radeon hd 6450. at this time device manager recognizes both sound and audio devices, but windows 7 shows icon for just the pc speakers (that work). btw all sound and video drivers have been updated. do you suppose the hardware might be kaput?

Edited by norco1, 17 November 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Sorry, what I meant was computer model. :P If it worked before, I would check the audio hdmi output settings by the catalyst control center.

Tekken

#5 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

model is dell inspiron 620. here's the latest : Device Manager recognizes hardware shown below - Sound Cards
AMD HD Audio Device
Conextant HD Audio
Playback Device
Speakers (Conextant HD Audio)
Recording Device
Rear Line In (Conextant HD Audio)

Catalyst Control Center has a pop-up that reads "an HDMI to DVI display connection has been detected. In order to hear audio on your HDMI based TV or disiplay, you will need to have a separate audio connection from your comnputer sound outputs to your TV or audio equipment".

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Catalyst Control Center has a pop-up that reads "an HDMI to DVI display connection has been detected. In order to hear audio on your HDMI based TV or disiplay, you will need to have a separate audio connection from your comnputer sound outputs to your TV or audio equipment".

That error message would seem to indicate that you have a HDMI to DVI adapter being used. If so There is no sound via DVI. Do the TV set and the Computer both have HDMI ports? If you also have a DVI port connected to a monitor that could also cause this problem. To test that hypothesis with the TV set mirroring the monitors display try with the DVI unplugged.

You could also do what I did and run a audio cable to the TV from the computer speaker jack. I should mention that I didn't even try and use HDMI to HDMI and just went VGA to VGA. Solves any overscan issues not to mention my older TV only has one HDMI and it was already used.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#7 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

setup:DVI (comp) to HDMI (HDTV) plus left/right RCA cables (out) to AV (HDTV) in

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

The TV sound has to c from the Conextant HD Audio device, Your built-in sound. The AMD sound would only work through a HDMI port on the Video card. When you plug speakers into the speaker jack do you have sound? That is where you need to go for sound to the TV set as I see it. That is in fact how my sound is hooked up.

The big possibility is that the audio in jacks on your TV set are not there for the HDMI inputs and are for Composite, S-Video or Component inputs. What happens if you start a movie playing in the computer and then cycle through the different video inputs on the TV. Do any of them let you hear the sound from teh movie?

What is the exact model of the TV set so a owners manual can be located?

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#9 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

solution found: connected l/r cable to Front L/R line-out connector. the AMD HDMI output is ignored. thanks again for your assistance

#10 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for reporting back on the solution.

Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users