Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstall IE 9 and reinstall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RogerAshley

RogerAshley

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hi, I run win 7 with IE 9 and google chrome. I like IE but of late it has been so slow in connecting to web sites. Chrome is straight in no problem.. I also run Revo unistaller.. But I can't find a way to uninstall IE9 and re-install to see if this solves the problem. Any help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi
One of the following should work for you.
If you still have trouble let me know.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

To uninstall Internet Explorer

If you're trying to uninstall Internet Explorer because of an issue with the browser, first check to see if a solution is listed in Internet Explorer 9 Help and How-to.

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 9 when the standard uninstallation process does not work.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2579295

Still want to uninstall? Uninstall Internet Explorer using this automated Fix it:
Note After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. You do not have to reinstall the earlier version. To have us resolve this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.

Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users