Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Piriform CC cleaner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cluless

Cluless

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hi Guys

I have a BT Business e mail account. Just recently they have adopted Windows 365 office as its format. As a matter of good practice I run Piriform CC cleaner every couple of weeks. After having run it today I seem to have lost all my e mails and contacts and I can't seem to receive e mails anymore.

I'm just assuming that the CC Cleaner is responsible.

Any ideas?

regards

Cluey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kevin.holmes

kevin.holmes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

C Cleaner should not remove e-mails / contact anything like that. C Cleaner is a program used to removed temp files such as internet history, cache, etc. Its a great program and i highly recommend it. As far as the issue you are having, it may be related to a different issue. What e-mail do you have / are you referring too? AOL, g mail, yahoo, exchange? And do you have it set up on Outlook? Thunderbird?

#3 Cluless

Cluless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for help Kevin, sorted now. I didn't realize that I now have two e mail accounts, one being redundant. It just happened to coincide with my use of CC Cleaner.

regards

Cluey

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

If you are still unsure about CCleaner and the settings, then please use another Temp File cleaner -

ATF Cleaner by Atribune is good for XP and similar models while TFC is a slightly heavier program for all models -
If you still wish to use a 3rd party Temp File Cleaner, use this one and not CCleaner -

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.
Download TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop.
Double-click TFC.exe to run it.
Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator
TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users