to BleepingComputer. My name is Karsten
and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.Please be aware of the following:
- Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
- Please complete all steps in the specified order.
- Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
- Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
- Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
- If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
- If you decide to clean your PC, work with us until a team member tells you that you are clean.
- As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
- Start by booting into safemode with command prompt
- When at the command prompt please type the following:
- Now press Enter
- This should start a desktop with no FBI warning.
- After this I would like to get a log with the following tool, DDS:
From a clean PC, please download DDS
by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to an USB-Drive.DDS.comDDS.pif
- Insert USB-Drive into the bad PC, and browse to where DDS was saved.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- Mark the option attach.txt.
- Click on Start.
- After the scan has finished, confirm the message with Ok.
- DDS will automatically open both logfiles.
- You can find them on your desktop and on your USB-Drive as well.
- Please post the content of those logfiles with your next answer.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
the information rather than send an attachment.
- DDS logs: DDS.txt and attach.txt