Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tina1002

tina1002

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers: Hi my computer was very slow and i did desk defragmentation , but it was still working slow . I did some other type of clinings which i was not sure if this was the right thing i.e cleaning system restoration....?
Ok then i thought its better to turn off and start it again . when i start the computer its just showing that window that says windows xp and i waited nad waited nothing happened its not starting , i dunno what to do .
I started the windows in the safe mode and wnated to do a system restoration but there is no date i can choose from there is just one date which is yesterday's so what can i do now???
Please help me :trumpet:

Edited by tina1002, 22 March 2006 - 02:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

Try the one from yesterday.
(you deleted the others, no?)
You should always keep at least enough to go back a week or two)

OK, does your computer have a restore partition, or even better, do you have the Windows XP installation CD?

What brand and model of computer do you have, and how old is it?

Running slow is usually an indication of a malware infection and/or too many unneeded aps in the startup menu unless your hard drive is more than 80% full.

Lets see if we can get it running and then we'll address the malware problem if there is one.

Edited by Enthusiast, 22 March 2006 - 05:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users