Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI Virus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fergon137

fergon137

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

I have the FBI moneypak virus. At first (yesterday), it was a matter of disconnecting the internet so I could do a systems restore to a previous date. But this morning it will give me "this program cannot display the webpage." I have tried to reboot into Safemode and it gives me the "cannot display webpage." I cannot pull up my taskmanager and unfortuantely I did not have a second user on here. Can someone help please?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 November 2012 - 11:23 AM.
Moved from Vista to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Restart the PC

Press F8 on bootup

Select REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER

Click on REPAIR

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Can you get to this screen?

If yes

Select System restore

Restore to a previous restore point and see if you're able to boot up.

#3 fergon137

fergon137
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the help, but I don't have repair in safe mode. I have enable boot logging, enable low Res video, last known good configuration, directory services restore mode, debugging mode, disable automatic restart on system failure, and disable driver signature enforcement. I tried last known good configuration but nothing happens.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Let me ask a malware response team member to help you

good luck

#5 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hello fergon137 :)

• I will be helping with your computer problems.
  • From this point on, it is very important that you refrain from doing anything else to your computer other than what I have requested of you.
  • I do not mind if you browse the web, do basic tasks, or even test to see if the problem(s) you are experiencing are still occurring with the computer while we are working together, but do not run any tools/fixes unless I or another helper from this thread has asked you to do so.
  • Remember that you came here for help, so allow us to help you :)
  • If something does not run, make a detailed note of what problems you encountered along the way (exact error messages are preferred), but continue onto the next steps until you reach the end of my post.
  • Always do the steps they are listed in (left to right, top to bottom).
  • I prefer that you complete all the steps while you are in Normal Mode. However, I understand that sometimes this is not possible. If you are unsuccessful in getting a tool/fix to run from Normal Mode, but Safe Mode works, then use Safe Mode.
  • If you have a question about something, do not hesitate to ask.

Let's begin:

I have enable boot logging, enable low Res video, last known good configuration, directory services restore mode, debugging mode, disable automatic restart on system failure, and disable driver signature enforcement.

You should have Safe Mode with Networking.

Please give this a try and let me know if you are able to reach the desktop.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hello, Just letting you know I moved this to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum,where it will stay.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 fergon137

fergon137
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Cannot get to desktop. When the internet is disconnected it is a blank white screen saying the page will not come up and when the internet is connected the FBI screen comes up.

#8 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Please create the CD and run the WindowsUnlocker program as described here: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208285998

Let me know how you progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users