Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC will not boot first time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi Folks,

I can't seem to track this one down. I have changed the memory modules and replaced the battery on the mobo. I think I might have a broken mobo or a power supply problem. To be honest I'm not sure what it is. Hence my reason for asking.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Operating System:Windows XP Home SP3
Antivirus Software:AVG 2012
Firewall:AVG Internet Security 2012
Computer:Custom
CPU:AMD Sempron 140
Motherboard:ASRock M3A UCC
Ram:DDR3 PC3-10700 (667 Mhz) 2X2048Mb
Storage:sata 250Gb
Video Card:ATI Radeon HD 5450
Soundcard:integrated
Power Supply:ARCTIC 500
Case:Antec NSK4400

Edited by azrael, 14 November 2012 - 08:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaoJedi

CaoJedi

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

You say it doesn't boot the first time, but what does it do? Does it post and not load windows? Does it do a system memory check? Does it do a memory check on the video card? Please describe exactly what it does when you have to reboot it.

J

#3 azrael

azrael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for your replies. It doesn't P.O.S.T. All I get is power to the fans and the power light buuton is illuminated. Nothing on the monitor, windows does not start up. I leave it running for a few monments then switch off and after another moment or two I switch back on and it boots okay. I didn't change anything. It was fine one day and then it started to play up. It does have issues. Programs freezing and cpu at 100% in task manager. I changed the ram modules and increased the capacity but no change. I guess its a process of illimination, but where do I start?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Inspect for any corroded components or blown capacitors. Check and replace the processor's thermal paste and reseat it firmly with the heatsink. If your mobo has onboard video, use it to check against the video card no display.

Ram:DDR3 PC3-10700 (667 Mhz) 2X2048Mb

Are you sure it supports the RAM speeds? http://www.asrock.com/download/e-catalog/M3A%20UCC.pdf

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users