Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dminished screen size

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dougal158

dougal158

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

I have a dell inspiron 2310 all in one touchscreen pc. 2 days ago I applied some updates one of which I believe was an ATI Radeon driver update. Once the updates were applied my desktop screen space was reduced by 1-2cm all around the screen. I couldn't find anywhere to roll back the changes so proceeded to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 hoping this may fix the issue but alas no luck. How can I get my screen back to full size?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I assume you have played with the various resolutions?

#3 dougal158

dougal158
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Yes I have tried adjusting screen resolution which does nothing to change the physical desktop size shown on the screen. I am sort of hoping there is some magic setting somewhere that I don't know about that needs to be reset. I thought that the Catalyst control centre would have some relevant settings but I cant get that software to open even though it appears to be running in task manager- I have tried reinstalling it but still cant get it to open.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

It may be the drivers overscaling your display. Unfortunately, to change the scaling options you need to get into the Catalyst control panel.

Can you access the control panel from the classic desktop Notifications area?

#5 dougal158

dougal158
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yes

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Looks in the scaling tab and adjust the slider. Does that remove the black border?

#7 dougal158

dougal158
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

No didn't make a difference to the borders.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

The only thing I can think of at this point is to see if there are beta drivers available and see if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users