Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to catch my husband!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 eileen126

eileen126

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:55 PM

My husband has been going to adult websites while I am at work and I want to find a way to see what websites he has been to even if he deletes the history and files. He is constantly denying that he does this, but once in a while I find files and then he just makes excuses that it was a pop up or something. If there is any way I can see things that were deleted that would be a big help, if anyone knows how to do this. Ok thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:30 PM

There are many applications that will allow you to record such information after you secretly install it on the computer.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 13 November 2004 - 09:30 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

Ill help you. How good of a pc person is he? Does he remove cookies?

#4 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:17 AM

If he's not too careful, all you have to do is this....

Assuming you use Internet Explorer, the icon at the top of the browser where it has Search, Favorites, Media, etc... Next to Media is that sundial or whatever. Click it. It shows the history of what's been viewed, where he has been, etc...

Sorry to meet you under such circumstances. Good luck on your quest.

~67~

#5 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:39 AM

You can also use CTRL+H for the keyboard shortcut for history in IE.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 09:17 AM

I think there are some free programs you could use. You would have to hide them in a folder so he would not notice. You could record key strokes and everything.
Ill go see what I pull up.

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 09:19 AM

There are many applications that will allow you to record such information after you secretly install it on the computer.
Regards,
John

Hi eileen126 as jgweed had said there are some programs out there. They do not come cheap though. I found this one and it is going for $99 down from $149. Some are much more. Spectorsoft ......... Spectorsoft -With four distinct recording tools, Spector Pro is the quickest, easiest and most detailed way to monitor and record Internet and PC activity. All four tools are combined into one powerful application featuring: the original Spector VCR-like snapshot recording and the new Email recording, Chat/Instant Messaging logs and sophisticated Keystroke journals.

And as others have mentioned. You could check the browser's history. But since he already knows that you are on to him. He may get sneakier. It is very easy to clear history along with cookies and temp internet files. Good Luck. And I'm so sorry for your troubles.
Posted Image

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

I know I have saw some of them free.

I found one for you so far! Ok this one is for 2000/XP os.
I hope you have one of those os's.
This program should do the trick!
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/stealthwebpagerecorder.html

and here is another one!
A demo but might catch him during demo
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?20500000038772
Another demo:
http://www.internetwatcher.com/Eng/Index.htm
Hope these help you out.

#9 eileen126

eileen126
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for your help, I did download the free program, but he found out about it and the only way it would work is if I could put a password on the program so he wouldnt be able to go in to it and erase all the websites visited. Does anyone know how to put a password on a program? Thanks.

#10 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:26 PM

Do you really want to know? It could break your heart!
Perhaps at work you might ask someone what do they run to spy on their employees and use that utility.

You might also try using search for something that you know is in the history. On some computers (at work) there are at least two places, so you delete in one, but the other stays undeleted.

If you have a router, put a password on it. Set it up to keep a log of IP addresses called from the computer. Some routers have a program to do just that (Linksys). Unfortunately it pops up on startup, so it's visible, but perhaps you can make it not show at startup or not at all till you call it. I haven't tried it. But perhaps someone here knows if it can work behind the scenes, invisible.

I know people who have a router which sends email with the log. I don't know what router though.

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

You need to unzip it into a very hidded folder. Store it in a folder used by some other program maybe?

Ok if he has typed in the site address just go down the alphabet in your search engine. It will show type url's.

#12 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:19 AM

With MaxCrypt, you can password protect any file/folder you want to.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:36 AM

Good idea tg!

#14 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:50 PM

You can also pick up a USB keylogger. They will run in the background, even with a restart.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#15 G3ccO

G3ccO

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:49 PM

Regards,
John

Hi eileen126 as jgweed had said there are some programs out there. They do not come cheap though. I found this one and it is going for $99 down from $149. Some are much more. Spectorsoft ......... Spectorsoft -With four distinct recording tools, Spector Pro is the quickest, easiest and most detailed way to monitor and record Internet and PC activity. All four tools are combined into one powerful application featuring: the original Spector VCR-like snapshot recording and the new Email recording, Chat/Instant Messaging logs and sophisticated Keystroke journals.

And as others have mentioned. You could check the browser's history. But since he already knows that you are on to him. He may get sneakier. It is very easy to clear history along with cookies and temp internet files. Good Luck. And I'm so sorry for your troubles.

I wouldn't purchase any of the programs that log your computer activity. They just give you alot of features you really don't need. Do you really need to see screenshots of your screen taken every two seconds when you can find out what he is going to by looking at text based logs? You can easily find out what your husband doing online by

1. Placing a Keylogger on the computer. The keylogger stays hidden in the background. Any keys he types including his password are logged. A free one can be found here.

2. Add some restrictions to your computer. You can easily make it so he can't delete history from Internet Explorer with a simple change in the registry!
Here is a good guide to these restrictions you can add.

I hope this helps! :thumbsup:
"How the mind works is still a mystery. We understand the hardware, but we don't have a clue about the operating system." --James Watson

If you would like a Gmail Account let me know. I have several invites left and have no use for them!

Mostly Classical Winamp Distrowatch Linux Iso Google

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users