Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why my seagate hard disk detected as NRVAM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aptho

aptho

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi guys, I have internal hard disk Seagate after the logo bios it said my hard disk detect as NVRAM. So I need to press F1 to continue to my operating system. But when I run without that hard disk my computer run just fine. How to solve it?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

On some systems, Windows will not boot if a failing/failed hard drive is attached to the system as a secondary drive.

I'd run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic on that drive, using the tool for such available at the website of the hard drive manufacturer.

SeaTools for DOS

Please follow Seagate instructions for use.

FWIW: NVRAM refers to your BIOS detection, has nothing to do with hard drive...other than to possibly indicate a problem with BIOS detection of the drive, IMO.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

The NVRAM is more commonly referred to as the CMOS.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users