Right now, I own a laptop, the Dell XPS15 L502X model. I'm currently in the market for a 2nd laptop where I can basically bring around. As we all know the XPS15 is just too big and heavy for that kind of task.
Characteristics I'm looking for:
- The thinner it is, the better, with above in mind, the lighter it is as well.
- I don't have a set budget as of now, but I would love to keep it below $1000 before shipping.
- The quieter the better as well.
- Battery-life has to be average or above-average, I know that laptops in general wouldn't have crazy battery-life anyway.
- The general use would be just surfing the web, MS Office, e-mailing and YouTube/Streaming videos. Most likely no gaming at all on the device.
I was first eyeing the Samsung Series 5, average budget-wise, but I wasn't sure. Also with the general use in mind, I didn't know whether the SSD or HDD would benefit more for my needs.
I'm trying to avoid Apple products as well.
As you can see I'm very lost in this market of things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Edited by peacemak3r, 13 November 2012 - 03:54 PM.