Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

brothersoft toolbar totally screwing me over

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 auburnDistrict

auburnDistrict

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

I got this brothersoft toolbar and also sweetpacksim or whatever nonsense when I was frantically trying to find a youtube-to-mp3 downloader. I think I got the sweetpacksIM uninstalled, but I can't get ****en brothersoft toolbar to go away.

I uninstalled it using revo, i ran adaware, ccleaner, and I removed it from the addons in firefox. It no longer shows up anywhere on my computer EXCEPT in firefox/chrome itself. The toolbar is still there. And it's slowed my browser down to a crawl. It's almost impossible to type anything because my keyboard lags and skips 3 and 4 letters at a time. Also it's making watching youtube impossible, videos go at like 2 frames a minute and random ads start playing all over the page (that can't be muted or paused).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShinyTech

ShinyTech

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Go through the msconfig command and make sure the service is not running or starting when windows starts. Go through the computer and find any files relating to it (you can google manual removal) and delete them. Reset browsers and it should go away. If its still there remove said browsers off the computer, delete any folder left behind by them, then reinstall and it should solve the issue.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/6763-remove-brothersoft-toolbar

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users