Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop battery not charging properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Christian R. Friborg

Christian R. Friborg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm having some problems with the battery of my laptop. Whenever I charge the battery, after only 10-15 minutes, it will say the battery is full, but when I unplug it from the power source, my laptop will suddenly power off after about 5 minutes. Should I buy a new laptop battery now or can I still fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaoJedi

CaoJedi

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Assuming it is a Lithium Ion battery it is probably time to replace it. If it happens to be a NiCad you can try to erase the ghost memory on it that is preventing it from charging. There are several articles on the web on how to do this. In my experience even if you get the NiCad to reset it will only be for a little while, but thats better than nothing

J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users