Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Puppy Linux

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChrismoJames

ChrismoJames

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

I am going to attempt to install Puppy Linux to my computer to see if, after multiple crashes and inability to fix it with the help from others on this site in other forums, if the problem is with my current Windows 7 OS or if it's my hardware.
First I would like to know what kind of CD I should purchase to burn the iso onto and then how I would proceed to install.
I appreciate any help I can get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Any CD-R should work. For some reason RW disc are frowned upon. If you don't have a disc it is possible to to use a USB flash drive. You will need some free software found here: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

And it would be greatly appreciated if you could at least tell us what is the make and model of the computer you plan to install Puppy Linux on.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users