Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to share files with my Mac?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Anyone have a tutorial for this, somewhere?

I've found some information on how to do it in the latest versions of OSX, but I'm not finding all the bells and whistles in my version, so I can see and transfer to/from my PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

May help, http://macs.about.com/od/networking/tp/Windows-7-And-Mac-Os-X-Getting-Windows-7-And-Mac-Os-X-To-Play-Together.htm .

Other Google Links

Louis

#3 ShinyTech

ShinyTech

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

There are many ways to share back and forth. I recommend getting an external or usb drive and using the mac to formatt it as FAT file structure. Both windows and mac can see this and anything on the drive will be able to be opened on the other machine (permitting the program to open the file is on both machines). Another way is to email the files back and fourth if theres not alot and you dont have to do it frequently. The last option you have is to make a share on either computer that can be accessed over the network. Make the share on its own partition, again formatted to FAT, and map the drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users