Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NonResponding Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 katdesanja

katdesanja

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Toshiba Satellite L25 S119 Laptop
Windows XP Home Edition,SP2 or SP3

Problems:
Won't load past Windows XP screen
Keyboard doesn't respond, except for f2 and f12 buttons
Computer won't load operating system cd

OK guys. On Saturday, my laptop computer froze after normal usage. Everything was working fine (keyboard, cd/dvd drive, mouse, etc) I proceeded to turn it off, manually using the power button. Then when I restart it, the computer takes a long time to get to the Microsoft Windows Page (black screen with the logo on it). I try accessing the boot menu and the set up menu and am sucessful after a long wait, but the keyboard isn't responding so I can't make any selections. Then I tried using an operating system cd so that I can repair the computer. The computer doesn't wan't to read it. Any input or problem solving solutions will be appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Is all your data backed up?

If not I suggest doing that first. You can use a linux live cd to boot and retrieve your data. I recommend Puppy linux, it is small and quick. Here is a link Puppy 5.4.1, download and burn to cd or you can use it with a usb flash drive.

Link to instructions for recovering files from windows here

After you have your data backed up, we can run you through some diagnostics

Edited by Hadnjury, 13 November 2012 - 08:48 AM.

Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users