Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ideapad Freezes all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lechols

lechols

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hi All,

My Lenovo Ideapad Z360 freezes for no apparent reason. It has been happening sporadically for a month now. When it freezes the only thing I can do is manually power it down and restart. I've run virus scans and get nothing. I've freed up space on my C drive and increased my installed RAM from 2GBs to 4GBs. When it freezes there is a lot of noise coming from the fan but the computer does not feel particularly hot to the touch. Could it be that I need a new fan?

Thanks for your help
L

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lechols

lechols
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Does anyone have any ideas?

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hi

Generally speaking when the fan can not cool the computer the computer will turn off to protect the motherboard and CPU from damage.
Freezing can be a hard thing to fix, unfortunately.

The first thing I would do is test the hard drive. Go to here for Seatools

Seatools for DOS tutorial

SeaTools for DOS is a comprehensive, easy-to-use diagnostic tool that helps you quickly determine what is preventing you from accessing data on your desktop or notebook computer.

Is what I would use. Do the Short and the long tests.

The other question is, are you running the Lenovo supplied Windows with the drivers and utilities from them?

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 lechols

lechols
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks Roger. I will try Seatools.

#5 lechols

lechols
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yes I think I am running the Lenovo supplied windows with their drivers and utilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users