Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 SP4 wireless connectio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 e1f123

e1f123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

hi all new here,

well let get to the story...

i have installed windows 2000 5.00.2195 sp4 sucessfully but one problem still occurs, i cant connect to my wireless router/wifi,i have successfully installed the wifi card driver[realtek rtl8187b] but i have 2 local area connection in network and dial-up connections they are called Local are conection [for my ethernet] and local... 2 for my wificard but the both have an x on it and both show local area connection cable unplugged?? when i go on cmd and type ipconfig i get cable discconected??
i cant connect to my wifi network i have tried serval guides including ones that say turn windows zero config on and some that also say go to propertied on local.. area.. 2 and go to configure then advacnced and change ssid value to ur network ssid and click ok and that should work but it doesnt!!

does any one have a working solution to this

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Been a while since I worked on win2k......if I am not mistaken all local area connections refer to wired connections. Wireless connections should show up as such in network connections. Also when you do ipconfig you should see it as a wireless connection not a local. Thus leads me to believe the card did not install properly or the driver is corrupted. Is the device visible in the device manager???
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users