Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 homegroup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcwright2

mcwright2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I installed Windows 8, and its listing my user account as "jennyhunny bright". It's listing my personal email correctly, but I have never created this account or name. Is there someone else that is accessing and using my account? If so, how do I go about removing them and renaming my account?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

are you sure you didn't put in your email address when as to login with a Microsoft acct when you did the install of win8

Edited by caperjac, 13 November 2012 - 04:11 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

If you used a Microsoft account, rather than a local account when setting up Windows 8 it will retrieve the user name associated with that account. You can login and modify this information here:

https://account.live.com/

Once you login click on the Edit name on the Overview page. Change the name how you want it. Then reboot Windows 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users