Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 aguerrilla

aguerrilla

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I have this problem occasionally, I think it has only happened so far when I watch videos online. I attached the system dump and also have a perfmon thing but it's too big to upload. I can upload it to sharebeast or something if someone would still like to take a look. I'm using Windows 7 and have an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.zip   26.13KB   5 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Well, this is really starting to suck. I tried to start it up today and was met with another blue screen. This one had no information except 0xF4 at the end, with a lot of zeroes before the f4 and after the x. Http://imgur.com/MSvVg

I searched around and it seems like it is most likely a hdd problem, although my bios recognizes it. The ram also seems fine as I can see it in the bios and they all look to be about the same voltage. The only thing I did before this, which I doubt caused it, was reboot for a registry defrag. When it restarted to start the process is when I received the bsod. I'm really leaning to this being a hdd issue still so I will try to get a boot cd and see what happens. The computer will turn on, but after the Windows loading screen, it goes into that same bsod, so I can't really run any diagnostics.

#3 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Will it boot into safe mode?
Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

#4 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

No, the only other option besides starting normally is to try to fix it which leads to a system restore screen where my mouse doesn't work. I notice on the bottom left of that screen the top of a cmd prompt which says x/windows or something along those lines. Think it might be hdd because shouldn't it say c/windows?

#5 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Never mind, I got into safe mode my spamming f11.

#6 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

And it restarted back into startup repair or run normally, damn.

#7 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

instead of f11 use f8

#8 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

That just allows me to change where I boot from, all the options are under f11. When I try to get into safe mode it hangs up on classpnp.sys

#9 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ok, I have reported the issue to a moderator, who will be able to assist or direct you to assistance with your problem. If no one gets with you in the next day or two, I suggest that you repost in Am I infected portion of the forums. I had the EXACT same problems as you with a laptop of mine, but I can't assist you here.

#10 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Ok, thanks.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

FWIW: I don't believe this is a malware issue, since F4 STOP errors typically indicate a hardware problem. I suggest that you await some inputs from others here in this forum.

I would start with running an appropriate hard drive diagnostic.

Louis

#12 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

I might be able to test it at a friends later this week. What program would you recommend I use?

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

The manufacturer of each hard drive has a utility for such testing available at the respective website. There are other diagnostics that also do the job but they are a bit more complex (IMO) than the manufacturer diagnostics.

Currently, there are really only two manufacturers...Seagate and Western Digital.

The label on your hard drive reveals who the manufacturer is.

You can just use Google and something like "hard drive diagnostic" to find out...or take a look at Free Hard Drive Testing Tools - Hard Drive Diagnostics - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm .

You can attach your drive to your friend's system...and run the diagnostic from his system...or you can run it from your own system. The diagnostic may require being burned to CD, following manufacturer instructions.

Louis

#14 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

What is the brand of your hard drive?

Most of the major brands make a live cd that can be booted from the cd rom for diagnostics, so you don't have to go to all the trouble of removing your hard drive. You risk further damage by doing that. Plus you would have to change your jumpers to put it in another system. It could also cause damage to your friends system if done incorrectly. I can direct you to where to get the live cd once I know which one you have.

#15 aguerrilla

aguerrilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Ok I'll just burn that cd and a boot cd at his place then. I'll find the drive soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users